Saturday, September 3, 2011

Where to begin?

I guess to start, I should say that I have never written a blog before. You may wonder... Why now? What do you hope to gain from writing a blog? Well let me attempt to explain...

I am 24 years old, going to turn 25 in November. I've been battling the past for as long as I can remember. Now my 25th birthday is coming up and I feel like I'm losing myself in what I never had the chance to become. Sounds weird or even crazy but I feel like had I not been a victim then maybe I'd be the kind of person who can freely express who they are or maybe feel they are worth something or belong somewhere. Instead I'm faced with what was and what may never be. I struggle daily with the results of my abusers actions. I am 24 years old and I just want to live, I just want to figure out who I am. I hope to gain some sort of clarity in my life, I hope for some closure, at the very least some hope that someone out there will read this and find that they are not alone in there struggles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment