Monday, September 5, 2011

Second guessing myself

I am a strong person. I know this because I have seen myself overcome some terrible situations. My childhood wasn't very good. I had a father that felt like it was okay to hurt me and because of that I am faced with the aftermath of what he did. One of the things I hate most about my past is that it sneaks up on me sometimes when I least expect it. Only someone who has been through what I have can understand how it feels to be taken back in time by something as simple of a smell. It really sucks that a smell can make me feel like the small, weak child that I was once upon a time. I sometimes wonder if I'll be dealing with this when I'm 50. Will the my past stop haunting me at some point in time or will I never escape it? All I can do is take one day at time and see where my life leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment